We are, without doubt, at a turning point of our civilization: if we continue to exploit our earth, the whole system will soon collapse. It is therefore crucial that we change our behavior and our awareness and focus on WHAT MATTERS: new values that help us create a healthy environment and peace and happiness for all.
Follow by Email
Tuesday, 17 January 2012
FDU Vancouver - Upcoming Conference:
Starting the Conversation to Define
Key Values for the 21st Century
Friday, March 23rd, 2012, 1:00-4:00 pm
FDU Vancouver, 842 Cambie Street, Rooms: 133/135
Areas of Focus:
1) EDUCATION - including Role of Creativity & Critical, Independent Thinking
2) ARTS - including Literature, Music, Arts, Dance, Film Studies, etc
3) PHILOSOPHY & SPIRITUALITY - including Yoga, Meditation, Martial Arts
4) HEALTH - including Alternative Healing, Fitness, Sports, Nutrition
5) SCIENCES - including Innovative Technologies, Discoveries, Theories
6) SOCIAL SCIENCES - including Interpersonal & Global Relations
7) PRACTICAL ACTIVISM - including Greener Environment & Global Peace
Dr. Cecil Abrahams, Campus Provost, FDU Vancouver
FDU Students, Staff, Faculty & Guests
Group Presentations Encouraged!
Length of Presentations: 3 to 5 minutes
If you would like to give a presentation at the conference, please submit your name, the title of your talk & a brief abstract (about 2 sentences to 1 page) by March 9th, 2012 to this blog as a comment under "conference abstracts"!
If you need help with your abstract or if you would like to discuss your topic, please get in touch with either Dr. Kiran Toor or me.